Wednesday, April 27, 2011

DREAM ON

Especially with all the naps I take, I have many opportunities to dream. I dream a lot. Some dreams make no sense; some dreams are about you; and some dreams renew old faces and times that are more than thirty years old. Sometimes I wake up while exhorting a certain viewpoint in my dream. Still in a fog, I’ll keep on urging that point of understanding although I know I’m awake. I’ve even carried the discussion on into the shower! A curious aspect of my dreams is that all my dreams show my right arm as being normal. It’s odd to watch me at present age doing things with my right arm that I suppose I can only dream about. I replay those dreams at times. Some of my dreams are very weird and I wonder what spurns them. Others seem to align with current events. Once in awhile I learn something rather profound or gain a helpful insight. I keep a notepad by my bed and will make a note of it as I awake, whether that is in the middle of the night, afternoon, or evening. If I don’t, then I forget the message when I get up except to know that it was special. Some of those notes have appeared as the subject of some of my blogs. Even so, most of the time, I don’t know what to make of my dreams and I just dismiss them. Over the weekend I dreamed that I was writing a blog post. I was writing about the fact that some people just don’t want to get along. Those people tend to fight smiles and look on the negative side of things. I woke up and felt moved to write that item down. I thought that someone somewhere in my blogosphere needs to hear that simple indicting statement. If it is you, I pray it helps awaken something in you to see life through faith and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment