Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Wonder Nap

Monday started out as most days do. I got myself out of bed, went to a meeting, ran a few errands, and then back home. By about noon I was feeling very rough. I ate lunch and then took a nap. I slept for about three hours only awaking to answer the telephone several times. However, when I finally got up I felt like a new man. I haven’t felt that good in a very long while and it was good timing too. This was our youngest daughter’s sixteenth birthday and we had plans. I was able to truly enjoy our outing without something (pain) competing very hard for my attention. It was a great breath of fresh air and I am very thankful. The good feeling lasted until the evening when I had to take my Gleevec. Soon afterwards my stomach began its wayward behavior and I did some typing which generally awakens my arm. Still though, it wasn’t too bad and I was nearly euphoric over how well I felt, regardless of how long it lasted.
I am constantly reminded of how blessed I am. I’m so thankful to God for my wonder nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment