Sunday, July 4, 2010

Family Help

Whatever may ail me right now isn’t for a lack of sleep. I have slept more in the past two days than I can ever remember. It was especially nice today with family here to help; I could continue to recover from the whirlwind of June. In my inner core, I still feel weak and exhausted but I’ve taken the advice of so many of you: Let the family help with what they came down here to do. Perhaps because I know that it is only temporary, I’ve been able sit back (lie down) and let others make the household tick. We are grateful to Eileen’s mother and sister-in-laws. They came here to be a big help and they certainly are.
Eileen continues to improve. There are intervals in the day when she has no pain at all (with the aid of medication). That's a big improvement!! She too has been sleeping a lot but is getting stronger with each passing day. Again, it’s nice to have help here so we can mend. Even so, we still have to keep a watchful eye on Eileen. She isn’t supposed to pick up anything which weighs more than a carton of milk or do anything which involves repetitive bending or twisting. During times when her pain is zero or minimal, her internal motor wants to go forth. We’re making sure she remembers that the objective is healing, not mere pain relief. You know, I could probably use that advice myself once in a while!! Please keep the prayers coming; we are very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment