Saturday, July 3, 2010

Progressing Along

Eileen is progressing along, doing fairly well, but had to go back to the Percocet. Both the pain and nausea are quite present but manageable. We are also getting a glimpse of things to come: It’s going to be tough to keep Eileen from doing too much. She’s used to doing as much as she feels like doing. Even as rough as she sometimes feels, she feels like doing a lot. The cavalry arrived Friday evening: Eileen’s Mom and sister-in-laws got here and have also joined the chorus of keeping Eileen quieter. They are a big help already and will lessen the load around here. Speaking of which…our youngest daughter has really stepped up to help in all aspects, even more than she normally does.
I did a little yard work Friday and can tell that my stamina is lacking. Furthermore, my arm didn’t appreciate the little that I did. I’m writing this Friday night and my arm and I are engaged in war. Further, over these months, I’ve taught Eileen how to work on my sore and spasmodic legs. I’ll be glad when she can do that again. They have quickly become a major obstacle. My stomach is contrary but nothing too severe. All in all, I can’t really complain too much especially when I think about people like my former classmate’s husband who has stage four prostatic cancer. We’ll keep putting one foot in front of the other and being thankful for everything we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment