Monday, July 12, 2010

News Update

The post I prepared for today will have to wait; I’ll conclude the discussion about self-esteem tomorrow.
First, Eileen continues to get much stronger. Her pain is still mainly in the area of her very low back where she has surgical bruising. Her pelvic distress is essentially gone. Eileen is doing much better about taking it easy too. We’ll find out just how well she is doing at her Wednesday doctor's appointment.
Secondly, I got news yesterday that my uncle passed away. He was a very special uncle and he always said that we were more like his children than niece and nephews. We usually spent a week or two each summer with him and our aunt. He took us fishing, cliff diving, and all sorts of things. He even taught me how to drive (the driving age was lower in Arkansas). My uncle was also the one that I went into practice with right after graduation. He was a great man to everyone who knew him; he will be missed.
I mentioned in a blog several months ago that music is a great reliever of negative energy or stress. In my case I play the guitar (sort of!) and sing (poorly). After getting the news about my uncle, I eventually brought out my guitar and began playing. Then I wrote a little song about him. I thought that I’d share the chorus with you as I sign off for today.
In heaven, there’s so much to savor,
And when you’ve seen all there is to see,
Please do me one special favor,
Say hello to my daddy for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment