Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Misbehaving

Our sister-in-laws left this morning after tending to us all weekend. Eileen’s mother (Eunice) will be here for about two weeks or so. Although Eunice is doing things that I could do, it is sure a relief to not face some of the tasks she does. Even though our sister-in-laws tended to us hand and foot, I was still very spent from the little that I contributed. I still attribute my weariness to recovering from the very busy month of June. So, although I joke about being waited on, it has been a real blessing. I hope to be back to my normal strength soon. I have many things I’d like to do, but those things will have to wait for the time being still.
Eileen continues to get stronger and is to the point at which she is going to do away with the Percocet and leave her pain in the hands of over-the-counter meds. She has been a little rambunctious but less so after one of our sister-in-laws told her about her co-worker who had to have her similar surgery redone after not taking it easy enough. That cooled Eileen’s heels in a hurry. While Eileen is truly progressing, some of her “feeling good” is from the excitement of having her mother and sister-in-laws here. She needs to make sure the excitement doesn’t lure her into misbehaving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment