Friday, July 9, 2010

Eileen Update

I didn’t write anything about Eileen these past two days and I got emails asking about Eileen. So, here’s an update. Eileen is definitely getting stronger although she has a rough night here and there. She is supposed to be able to walk 20 minutes by next Wednesday. I think she could have done that when she woke up from anesthesia!! She comes from strong stock and is a strong woman in her own right. Without her mother here, it would be harder to keep her quiet. Her mom has told her a couple of times that she’s doing too much. Eileen tries but what she thinks is “nothing” is a day’s work for me!!
Eileen had started a baby quilt and was glad that her mom offered to finish it up. Her mom (Eunice) has probably hand sewn on it for about 30 hours this week. She finished the quilt a little while ago. Eunice has also cooked, done dishes, done laundry, and some other household tasks. That’s not bad for an 84 year old woman. I help out enough that Eunice doesn’t think that I’m a total “loser”!!
Okay now, I didn’t lose my place. There will be more about self-esteem tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment