Saturday, July 10, 2010

Pressing On

I’m going to wait a day to conclude the discussion on self-esteem. I want to give you a couple of other updates first.
Eileen had a restless night but is doing better today. Her inner back feels very bruised and she does have a couple of bruises on her backside. No, I haven’t kicked her; she came home from the hospital that way!! Anyway, her pelvic pain is more discomfort than it is pain and it is generally minimal. Eileen feels good and ready to go most of the time.
I also wanted to tell you that I’ve been working on my manuscript. The deadline for its submission is August 1st. It has taken me almost an hour per ten pages to edit; the manuscript is 172 pages. Unfortunately, there are some typos and sentence structure mistakes I caught and corrected. I’m not sure how much editing the publisher’s editors will do, but I might have a lot more to do when they get finished with it!! Anyway, I printed off the manuscript and have been plugging away at it. So after around 17 hours of editing over the recent past, I was on a roll last night; I stayed up until 11:30 to finish my read-through. Today, I made the corrections in the computer version of the manuscript and arranged it the way the publisher requested. I wrote the pre-publishing editor a note and attached the manuscript, along with one picture to be included in the manuscript. I was allowed 15 pictures but since I can’t include all 365, I didn’t see a need to get permissions for only 15. The one picture I used is a public domain picture so no permissions are required.
After I got it all assembled and ready to email, Eileen came over and we said a prayer. Afterwards I asked her to push the “send” button. Thus, the manuscript has now been submitted to the pre-publication department of the publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment