Saturday, June 12, 2010

Under Contract

Well, the old blogs before May 25th are no longer available at the blog site, or anywhere, because we are now under contract for the first year’s blog!! I want to stress that current blog posts and posts after May 25th are still available. As I’ve said previously, I will continue to blog daily until making a decision during our blog hiatus while on our trip to Rhode Island. And so, although I can no longer reprint posts before the 25th to email you or give you, you can still get them all…when the book comes out!! We signed the papers Thursday evening.
As the publisher suggested, we also hired a literary attorney to advise us on getting “permissions” for any and all quotes that I’ve used. That is an expensive move.
Finally, in tribute to the contribution that Eileen has made to the blog posts and thus the book, I gave her half the ownership rights. Since we pool our monies and file jointly, it won’t make any real difference but it’s still a symbolic tribute. The publisher will pay us individually half of any royalties. Although I am the named author, I attribute much of the editing and subject matter inspiration to Eileen. I wouldn’t have done it without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment