Thursday, June 3, 2010

Smoothie King

As I left Dr. Tan’s suite on Tuesday, I was directed to go to the radiology department to pick up a bottle of barium solution that I need to drink for my abdominal CT scan in two weeks. The barium is in a very nice looking bottle and even says “Berry Smoothie” on it. I’m not sure who they are trying to kid; I’ve had this before and it’s like no other smoothie that I’ve ever had!! I suppose that if they dress up the outside that the patient will be more positive about what is on the inside. Anyway, I’m supposed to drink it one hour before my appointment on the 15th. The next day is when I have my appointment with Dr. Tan and should have the results to all my tests, and then see what’s next. By the way, I checked to make sure they were sending my blood tests to the right lab this time; they assured me they had it routed correctly. This blood test is the one which measures the number of leukemic cancer cells still circulating through my system.
Oh yes, I warned Eileen and our daughter not to drink the “smoothie” in the refrigerator. I thought about not warning them at all!! That would be funny for a few seconds!! Just kidding!!!!!!! You all are so protective of Eileen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment