Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Surgeon Visit

The surgeon just examined Eileen and loosened some of the packing. The packing and catheter come out tomorrow and she will be able to go home about midday. In the meantime, Eileen is supposed to get up and take a shower today, sit in a chair to eat, and walk down to the nurses’ station at least three times.
After the morphine was removed earlier, they gave Eileen Percocet. It has made Eileen rather nauseas so they are going to give her something for it. They want the nausea settled down before she eats. The doctor doesn’t want increased abdominal pressure on her.
I’ll go home after Eileen eats and gets a shower. I’ll take a little nap and get a shower too before heading back up here. I also need to reload my medication vial for this evening’s dosage. I will probably sleep at home tonight unless Eileen has troubles today. Everything continues to go well and we continue to be thankful for the prayers and good tidings.

No comments:

Post a Comment