Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Night Update

As long as Eileen remains reclined she feels pretty good and uses less morphine. The nurse commented that Eileen isn’t using all the morphine she is allotted per hour. I asked if I could have what she isn’t using. She was amused but said no!! Anyway, Eileen has been dozing in and out most of the evening. We listened to our son’s baseball game on the internet. He played real well hitting a double and throwing a runner out. That kept Eileen’s spirits up too…when she wasn’t dozing off. She slept most of the time but got to hear the game’s highlight replay in which his plays were mentioned several times. That was a good note for her to go back to sleep on.
The nurse just came in to give Eileen her little breathing toy. Eileen definitely has a good set of lungs on her. She far exceeded the nurse’s expectations. However, I’m worried about Eileen’s mental status. She just said that the catheter is a good thing!! I’m interested to see how all of her profound proclamations will play out after they take the morphine away from her!! When Eileen is awake she is VERY and EXCEEDINGLY talkative. So, once in a while I reach over and push her morphine button!! JUST KIDDING!!! As I said, Eileen dozes in and out a lot. She is on a clear liquid diet. She asked me to get her some more Jello and Italian Ice. I walked to the nearby nurses’ station and got it from the refrigerator and freezer. In the short span I was gone, Eileen was fast asleep when I got back to the room. The morphine certainly has a hold of her.
I am almost giddy myself. No, I haven’t been using any of Eileen’s drugs. It’s that I’m very thankful as to how well Eileen is doing so far. Thank you for your prayers and good wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment