Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Grin and Bear It

I have my CT scan this morning and I hope that my experience isn’t eventful enough to write about tomorrow!! I’ll write something about it though. My appointment with Dr. Tan is tomorrow too. I’ll have plenty to report, provided they sent the tests to the right place!! Remember, I reminded them when they took my blood to send it to the right lab. So, if they didn’t, I tear the place apart!! Just kidding!!
I want to express my great thanks for all the support about publishing the book. Some have inquired if I’ll continue to write daily so that I can have a volume II. Whether I continue to write daily or not will not be based on future book prospects. I always want to write the blog with the initial intent I started with, not with the intent to sell books. My first blog post was on May 24, 2009. In it I wrote, “I thought I'd start this blog so that interested people could follow my thoughts, experiences, and progress while battling this disease.” This is the intent I started with and want to continue with. That part of me is not for sale!! I also gratefully acknowledge that many of you suggested that I publish the blog as a book; thank you.
As a reminder, I hope to decide during our Rhode Island trip as to what frequency I’ll continue to write the blog posts. I’ll remind you again next Monday (21st) that my blog will be on hiatus from Monday the 21st until Monday the 28th while on that trip. At this point, I’m leaning towards writing once a week or whenever it strikes me to write, rather than every day. But that is not definite as I’m trying to sense what I’m to do. For those who are interested, if I go to periodic postings rather than daily, my blog site can automatically email you the new postings whenever I post them. That way you don’t have to keep checking or find out at the once a week interval that I made several posts earlier that week. For that service, all you’ll have to do is tell me to add you to the list.
We appreciate all your prayers and other kindnesses you extend for my family and me. While I’m getting my CT scan tomorrow, Eileen has three different doctor appointments. We’ll grin and bear it. She’ll grin and I’ll be a bear!!

No comments:

Post a Comment