Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Eileen Surgery

We arrived at the hospital for Eileen’s 8am appointed time. After checking in and paying our co-pay, we went to the first of several holding areas. We sat there for about twenty minutes before they moved a group of us to another part of the hospital. We sat there for quite a while until they took Eileen to pre-op and sent me to the waiting room. After a while, they called for me to come back to the pre-op area to be with Eileen. She was in a lovely green hospital gown, had an IV in the back of her left hand, and was wearing her normal beautiful smile. We were there for quite a while as the surgical rooms were all busy. In fact, we were back there so long that one of our friends who came to sit with me wondered if something happened to me. Eventually though, they wheeled Eileen away and sent me back to where a couple of dear friends were still waiting for me. Eileen’s surgery began around 12:30 and the doctor came back out to talk to me around 2:30pm.
The doctor said the surgery went well and that Eileen could do anything around the house that I needed her to do - - - just kidding. Actually she said that she’ll be in the hospital for two days and is not to do repetitive maneuvers or lifting. The doctor then put her hands on her hips and said she is not to mow the yard either. I asked if she could weed-eat!! “Absolutely not!!” she laughingly responded.
Eileen is in recovery right now. I’ll close this now in case they are about to call me back. I don’t want to tell them that I have to finish my blog before I go back!! Anyway, I am very thankful things went well. I’ll update again tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment