Monday, June 28, 2010

Tripped Up

We arrived back in town yesterday evening after covering 3500 miles in six days. We had some long traveling days with ugly traffic jams but we also had wonderful visits with our son in Pennsylvania and daughter in Rhode Island. After taking our daughter down to South Carolina, we hustled home. Eileen has lab work this morning with surgery tomorrow. Eileen and I are both quite tired but the trip was well worth it. Personally, I’m beyond tired; I’m almost weary. However, we would do the whole experience again as soon as we catch our breath. Even so, it’s good to be home as I feel like I can fight better at home than on the road.
Dr. Tan called me Friday to tell me that my insurance company now requires that my tests be sent to the “wrong lab.” I suppose that is where the insurance company has a new contract. So, we’ll have to track my numbers using this lab instead of the one we’ve been using all along. This appears to be an extension of the direction healthcare has been going and a preview of things to come; we can choose our own health providers and labs but insurance will only pay for their certain ones.
For now, I’m going to post a blog at least every Monday. I’ll post more often this week to keep you informed of Eileen’s progress. I missed writing the blog while we were gone but I’ll see how it goes now that we are back.

No comments:

Post a Comment