Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Carrying On

Although I don’t want to spend too many blogs talking about the publication of the book, there are a few things I want to mention. Also, some of you want publication updates. First though, I want to thank you for the congratulatory notes you’ve sent me. I also want to thank you for reading the blogs, interacting with them/me via emails, and encouraging me to publish them as a book. It is certain to say that I wouldn’t have reached this point without you… not just with the publication, but with the whole cancer journey. You have been a great encouragement to me through it all.
There are still several hurdles I have to jump through yet. One of them is getting legal clearance for all the quotes, news references, and sayings I’ve used. That’s an expensive hurdle to clear. Also, although we are excited to be publishing, the editing process adds to the drain of life. I only have so much energy these days. I’m curious as to how anemic I am. Anyway, the preliminary editing that I needed to do is done; I’ll be waiting on them for the next publishing move. Nevertheless, it’ll take me a few days to recover from the effort I spent on it. Further, mowing was extra hard on me today (Monday). I’m not sure why but life isn’t especially fun right now!!
It may take me a few days to get my blog posts back on queue. After reviewing 397 blog posts, I wonder what else there is to write about!! However, I wondered that after the first few post posts too!! As a reminder, I mentioned quite some time ago that I’ll continue the blogs at least through getting my results back and us heading to Rhode Island. After that I’ll decide the frequency of the blog posts. Some have suggested that this next year’s blog could be volume two of my book!! In truth though, I’d not write to make a volume two, I’d only write if I felt led to inside and I felt like I was doing a service for you and me. At the very least, I’ll write once a week to keep everyone posted on my progress. That leads me to the next point. I’m hoping beyond hope not to have too much to write about this next year, medically that is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment