Friday, December 23, 2011

CHANGING TIMES

My younger brother and his two kids headed back to Virginia yesterday. My brother’s wife just started a new job so she stayedChanging Times behind. However, the family will be back together for Christmas. We spent most of the afternoon on Wednesday at my mom’s house visiting with them. Later, when our son’s family got in, they first stopped at my mom’s house too to see my brother and his kids before coming over to our house. So, as of Wednesday night, we have the whole family together.

It’s amazing the changes that our fourteen-month-old granddaughter demonstrates each time we see her. Since we spend at least an hour together each week on Skype, we get a good glimpse of her growing up. However, that is nothing like actually being with her and participating in her ever-changing world. It’s amazing how much they learn in such short periods of time. Skype also makes it so there isn’t so much of a reorientation phase that we have to go through each time we see her. She is used to seeing our faces and hearing our voices. If you have family which lives a distance away, you might want to check into Skype. It’s free and it’s a great way to see the person you are talking too via a computer camera. The features are easy to learn too. I know people of all ages who use Skype or similar video conferencing software.

Well, this will be my last blog post of this calendar year. I will post again on January 2, 2012. If I find myself with extra free time, I might blog here and there. So I should say that this is the last scheduled blog post of the year. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and Christmas season. I also hope that the new year is a blessed one. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year; thank you for reading the blog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment