Saturday, December 10, 2011

CHRISTMAS SHOPPING

I had a few errands to run Friday afternoon. I wasn’t the only one out and about. The Christmas shoppers were everywhere. Although Christmas ShoppingI didn’t like all the traffic and I sure don’t like being among large crowds, Christmas was definitely in the air. I went into a few stores and the shoppers were busy perusing all sorts of things. It was easy for me to just watch since we have our shopping finished. When I was in Best Buy, people were lined up to get new cell phones. The store even had chairs for the waiting shoppers to sit in.

As I drove back home, I thought about how Christmas shopping has become so involved and expensive. I also recalled the Christmas stories in the Laura Ingalls Wilder books. Times have sure changed since parents made their kids’ gifts in their spare time and after the kids went to bed throughout the year. I wonder what kids (and us) would do today if gifts were so simple. I think it would be a shock to many of us. It would sure be a shock to our stores too and it would undoubtedly hurt our consumer based economy. It’s basically two weeks before Christmas; I hope you have time to find the true meaning of Christmas in all the hustle and bustle of Christmas shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment