Tuesday, December 20, 2011

READING

Well, I’m feeling quite a bit better thus far today. I woke up early, even before the alarm clock sounded, after sleeping pretty well. TheReading computer says that it is 48 degrees out this morning so I don’t think I’ll venture out yet today. However, I do have plans for later today.

The three of our kids that are at home are going canoeing today and I’m going to haul the canoe down to the water and back in the van. I’m not actually going to go in the canoe. I’ll find a warm place, maybe have some coffee, and read my Kindle. Right now I’m reading “The Tehran Initiative” by Joel Rosenburg. I just finished “Locked On” by Tom Clancy. My next book to read is “The Craft We Chose: My Life in the CIA” by Richard Holm. This last book is written by the uncle of one of my brother-in-laws.

Speaking of reading books… how is your reading a chapter a day in the Bible going? In 2009, the year I was diagnosed with cancer, I wrote several blog posts dealing with “The Five Pillars of Spiritual Strength.” Pillar Two is read one chapter per day in the Bible, no matter what. If a day is missed then it is to be immediately made up the next day. Anyway, although I’ve read the Bible through many times, I decided to start on the one chapter a day with some of you. After starting on July 3, 2009, we are now in the book of Hebrews with just five books to go. Indeed, it has taken a while to get through it but at least you can just about say that you’ve read it through. If you didn’t start with us, I encourage you to start on your own. Many people read a few verses at a time for a while and then quit. Reading one chapter a day won’t overwhelm you and you can be one of the few who have read the Bible all the way through. It doesn’t matter how long it takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment