Wednesday, December 21, 2011

VISITING

Well, I didn’t end up hauling the canoe yesterday after all. Our kidsVisitingII took the van and handled things themselves. Instead, I went to my mom’s house to visit my younger brother who is visiting from Virginia. It was good to see him but I imagine I’ll spend most of my time with my own visitors: my kids. Especially with our oldest daughter going to Afghanistan next year for seven months, and being in pre-deployment training for six weeks before that, Eileen and I look to spend as much time with her as possible before she heads back. Each day visiting with her brings a richer visit but it also marches us a day closer to when she will be heading back. Furthermore, our son’s family arrives tonight and the entire family will be together. These are precious moment times for us.

The weather warmed up yesterday and I not only went for a walk but I went for two separate walks. With our oldest daughter here, there are plenty of opportunities to run, exercise, and walk. I generally don’t run unless something very big and dangerous is chasing me!! Even then I would have to hope to find refuge before the run was very extensive.

Eileen is taking a test (Tuesday) and I’m going to “run” a few errands with our oldest daughter. Our youngest daughter has a birthday party that she is attending. We’ll all meet back at the house later. Depending on the time and how tired I am after the errands, we might swing over and see my brother. Christmas will be here in a matter of days. I hope you will have some family around you and I hope this holy day season will be filled with many blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment