Tuesday, May 17, 2011

END OF THE WORLD

The New York Post reported that a New York man spent his entire life savings of $140,000 advertising his prediction that the woEnd of the Worldrld will end May 21st. The man, Robert Fitzpatrick, spent his savings on car placards and ads on bus kiosks and subway cars. They say, "Global Earthquake: The Greatest Ever! Judgment Day May 21, 2011." Using his “Doomsday Code” upon the Bible, he said that a giant earthquake will render the earth uninhabitable just before 6pm on the above day.

Even in my relatively short life span, I’ve lived through many people’s “end of the world” prognostications. Although the Lord said that we will be able to tell the season of the end times, He also said “you know neither the day nor the hour.” I doubt Mr. Fitzpatrick has an inside line. Nevertheless, we shouldn’t just laugh it off without looking around in this world. Again, the Lord said we will know the season of the end times by evidence of world events. In addition, Jesus said: “…be ready for in such an hour as you think not, the Son of man comes." By the way, did you know that the Bible is 27% Prophecy? A portion of that is “End Times Prophecy.”

Anyway, I don’t know when the world will end but I have a fairly good idea of when it won’t end: When someone says it will!! Therefore, I’m reasonably certain it won’t end this Saturday just before 6pm. If I’m wrong, feel free to email me and admonish me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment