Sunday, March 27, 2011

JESUS LOVES ME, YES I KNOW

I wonder how many times I’ve heard, “God/Jesus loves us just the way we are.” I don’t doubt that but there may be a little more to it than that. I mean, the way it is said is like saying that no matter how we think or behave that we have God’s loving and eternal approval. That’s just not the case. In fact, it could possibly be more truly said that God more loves us for who we are becoming, rather than who we are. We like to self-ordain ourselves with the security that “I’m okay and you’re okay.” However, there is no stagnation in God’s decree for us to constantly seek, seek, and seek. Otherwise, we could say God loves me just the way I am; therefore, I don’t really have to become a better person, more righteous, or holy. I can be any way I want for God loves me just the way I am. There’s no doubt God loves us but He may love us more for seeking to be who He calls us to be, rather than just the way we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment