Sunday, March 6, 2011

BOOKINGS

I’m not sure what your experience with Travelocity, Priceline, and such are but I had an experience with them yesterday that wasn’t so good. My brother and I are planning a trip to visit our father’s gravesite. We were on the phone with each other and on our own computers. It seems that we’d get the same prices when entering the same travel information. But we didn’t. Not only did we get different prices, but by the time one of us entered personal information and clicked to the next page, the price changed…and not just a little. Finally, we ended up getting our tickets from a major airline website. It was cheaper than the others by the time their fares kept jumping. I’m not sure what was going on but it seemed they enticed us to start the booking process with them because of their low prices. However, the price wouldn’t hold long enough to book it. It seemed like a “bait-and-switch” tactic. Evidently many people go ahead and book with them after all the time invested in the process. Maybe their computers were having troubles…but then I bet they have the same troubles everyday!! By the way, today is my father’s birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment