Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Rebound Effect

It was a friend last week and our youngest son today (Monday) who mentioned that I don’t seem to do so well after our trips. It’s something that I’ve known for a long time but hoped it wasn’t so evident. Yesterday evening and today was spent mainly in bed. It seems that I can propel my energy through the journeys and their activities but there comes a time for the rebound effect. My energy remains curtailed because of the Gleevec, anemia, and the incessant battle within me. My mind still seeks to operate at one level while my body struggles to keep up. After I push my body to a certain point, then the rebound effect kicks in. I get so fatigued that even after forcing myself out of the bed I know it won’t be long until I have to shut down again. It is kind of frustrating as I have better things to do in life than spend it in bed. Although my body may never keep up with my mental frame of mind, I can never afford to let my frame of mind to lower itself to how my body often feels. That would put me on a rather quick and unpleasant track that I’m unwilling to travel at this point. So, anyway, I’m fighting the rebound effect of my weekend activities and the weather front which is moving in. Speaking of weather…Our prayers are with all of you in the path of the freezing rain and snow. For those in the south, the freezing rain is often much worse than the snow as it topples power lines and trees. Often people are left in freezing weather for a week or more without electricity. Take care and be careful!!



No comments:

Post a Comment