Sunday, January 23, 2011

Good Intentions

They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions. I hope not!! I had the good intention of going to church today (Sunday) but I didn't. I remain a bit phobic about being in tight crowds with germ-laden people. When in such groups, I hear all the coughs, sneezes, wheezes, hacking, and clearing of the throat. I sometimes exhale extra deep after hearing such an expulsion hoping to not inhale any bugs that were just spewed into the enclosed atmosphere. Still recovering from my last germ attack from a hostile environment (which I knew better than to go in), I wondered if I should go to church or stay home. Then, on Saturday, a friend brought me a nice card and a Ray Vander Laan DVD titled, “Walking with God in the Desert.” It has seven or so different segments. So, the family gathered to watch the first segment today. We’ll watch one segment each ensuing Sunday, whether I journey into that microorganism stronghold that is commonly called “church” or not. So, my church at home this week was augmented by Ray Vander Laan. It’s my first time with one of his studies and it is quite interesting. And so, as long as some of my symptoms from last week’s illness linger in my body or mind, I presume my good intentions of going to church will remain just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment