Friday, September 16, 2011

NOTHING ABOUT SOMETHING

So, really don’t have much today... but that’s not stopped me Nothing about Somethingfrom writing before!! I have no idea what I’m going to write about. My mind is somewhere else today. Sometimes I feel so blessed that my mind can’t sit still. I’m still beaming over the results of my cancer tests and the attitude of Dr. Tan towards me and my prognosis. Sure, I expected the tests to come back negative but when there is so much riding on it, it’s hard not to be a little apprehensive. There is that constant reminder that my cancer is supposed to go active at some point. The reason Dr. Tan tells me of the new medicines for my leukemia is to give me hope that there will be an answer to my cancer when it does go active. Although I really like Dr. Tan, I’m glad I don’t have to see him for another year. However, it’s good to know that he is still going to track my cancer every six months, just in case.

I’m also very thankful while being so mindful about all those who are praying for me. In addition, in response to yesterday’s blog post, I received very nice emails, texts, phone calls, and even Facebook “likes” and comments. It’s nice to know so many people are in my corner. In fact, my state of mind is such that I still don’t mind having to have that stress EKG.

I think the stress EKG will be a waste of time. I agree with Dr. Tan that my fatigue is due to Gleevec. Nevertheless, my family history means he has to take this precaution. I walk a little over a mile at least three times a week so I hope to go awhile before I tire during the test. However, my fatigue is not classic exertional fatigue. I can go and go; fatigue rarely stops me. It’s the recovery period that is the problem. The more I do, the more time it takes me to recover over the next few days or so. Although I remember enough cardiology to be dangerous, that doesn’t sound like a heart condition to me. To say the least, I don’t need a heart condition. Anyway, I hope this stress EKG is just a waste of time. Although I despise having medical procedures performed on me, I’m tolerating this one because I’m so happy and thankful for my good cancer report.

Well, for not having much to say today…I think I’ve said plenty. Thank you again for all your interest in the blog, in me, and in my family. I especially appreciate the prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment