Tuesday, September 13, 2011

AT NIGHT

I had extra trouble sleeping Sunday night. It’s been one of those weeks and Sunday was one of those days. At the risk of understating At Nightthe situation, I felt pretty rough all day. I’m not sure what set my arm off so badly but it was one of those episodes which worked itself into sickness and a pounding headache, despite medications. I despise taking medication but when this thing gets going, I know not to play with it. It’s hard enough to deal with despite the medications. So anyway, I knew getting to sleep was going to be a little tricky. But I was able to nap off and on through the night. I got up at one point and while walking around I thought about the blessings that I am so very thankful to God for. I suppose that led me to walk over to Eileen’s side of the bed and look at her in the dim light. I was there about five seconds when she said, “Hi.” I leaned over and hugged her; she held me tightly. While we were still embraced, Eileen said something to me. I want you to guess what she said. Did she say, “What were you doing standing there looking at me? How would you like it if I stood over you while you were sleeping?” Or, did she say, “You are the best.” Yes, she said I was the best. I responded that she was. I then took my pounding head and arm and went back to bed. I quickly fell asleep. I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment