Saturday, July 16, 2011

REPORTING IN

It’s a good thing that it’s about time for me to give a health update because I’m not sure what I would have written about today. It’s been one of those segments of time when my battery has been dwindling down. However, I’m doing a little better this evening.Reporting In

I’m writing this post late in the evening on Friday and so far this is the first day this week that I’ve been able to keep my supper in me after taking the Gleevec. The verdict isn’t completely in for the day but I’d say that I have a decent chance of keeping my supper in me this evening. The Gleevec has been rearing its ugly head and been making things a bit unpleasant. My constant companion these past two weeks, nausea, has been getting a little carried away. It takes a lot to make me vomit but Gleevec packs a pretty powerful punch.

So, my energy level has been very low but I have gotten quite a few things done this week. I needed to mow our yard today but I went to a movie with Eileen instead. We watched Transformers. Although that typically isn’t our type of movie, it was quite good. Anyway, there is always tomorrow for the lawn.

The muscle spasms in my legs have been misbehaving too. I won’t let Eileen massage them deep enough to do any real good; they are just too sore right now. I’ll wait until my legs settle down some and then we can go from there.

My arm has also been a constant irritant. Besides its normal mischief, I’ve been going from the hot outside to air conditioners and fans. It always takes me awhile to get adjusted to that each summer. Nevertheless, it’s not worse than normal and I especially appreciate that right now.

So, anyway, things are going fairly well but they need to go a little better. This evening could be the beginning of something better.

No comments:

Post a Comment