Saturday, August 27, 2011

LINDSAY AND ELLIE

Our daughter-in-law and Lindsay went home Friday. We enjoyed their visit and especially got to interact with Lindsay more as she continues to develop. She is ten months old already. Lindsay really likes DSC_0897dogs and really likes our dog Ellie. Ellie is very gentle and patient; we have slowly introduced Lindsay to Ellie over these months. We had Lindsay feed Ellie a lot of little dog biscuits this week and I think that made Ellie like Lindsay and tolerate her a little faster than she otherwise might have. Lindsay wasn’t as interested in petting or touching Ellie as just watching her and being around her. As I kept taking Lindsay outside to see Ellie, Lindsay became very attached to me. We even played a game where Lindsay chased me around the sofa until I let her catch me, and then I’d pick her up. It’s one thing to get to hold Lindsay; it’s a completely other feeling when she comes up to me and puts her arms out for me to pick her up. By the way, Lindsay would do that with Eileen without having to take Lindsay outside to see the dog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment