Tuesday, November 15, 2011

“Less Friendly”

Sometimes when I blog I wonder how many of my readers feel theLess Friendly same way about a subject. In fact, I sometimes wonder if mainstream America sees what I see. I was reading an article about the new Archbishop of Philadelphia, Rev. Charles Chaput, when his words resonated. He said, “The America emerging in the next several decades is likely to be much less friendly to Christian faith than anything in our country’s past. It’s not a question of when or if it might happen. It’s happening today.”

I don’t think we have to really be all that objective to see the systematic removal of God and Christianity from our daily lives. It’s even gotten to the point where Christmas has to be celebrated as something other than a Christian holiday, as we see in the banning of nativity scenes and other Christian symbols. Soon enough, if not already, Santa Claus will be the sole figure of Christmas. For those who want to tell me that even when we celebrate Santa Claus we are celebrating St. Nicholas…I have my standard response. Christmas isn’t about St. Nicholas either!!

President Obama declared that this is no longer a Christian nation. My friends, we will rue the day that is a true statement. As we enter this Christmas season, it’s time to strengthen our faith and stand for our beliefs. As America becomes “much less friendly to Christian faith,” it becomes much less friendly to God. It’s time to gird ourselves, be strong, and speak out when the opportunity arises; the battle is at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment