Sunday, November 13, 2011

A CURE

A friend posted an article on Facebook about a cancer vaccine beingCure developed in Israel. The article sounds promising and predicts a viable cancer vaccine in about six years. Of course there have been all sorts of positive prognostications over the years for many cures, especially cancer. However, thus far a cure or vaccine has been elusive. Nevertheless, there are a lot of dedicated people working to rid humanity of this terrible disease. As many people once hoped and prayed for a cure for polio, people now hope and pray for a cure for cancer.

I’m very thankful that my cancer is in remission for the time being. Yes, I’m quite aware that my particular variety of CML (Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia) is supposed to go active at some point. Nevertheless, I’m happy and thankful for my current status. In fact, other than being labeled with cancer, most of the time I don’t really feel like I have cancer. I don’t really deal with the effects of my cancer per se. I deal with the complications of the chemo drug I take designed to control my cancer. Although I don’t like the chemo side effects, it’s comforting to know that my cancer is in remission.

Remission, however, is not a realistic hope for many with cancer. Remission can only be brought about by a Divine action for some. We all know people who have suffered terribly with their cancer, chemo, and the dying process. Let’s all remember to pray for a cure for this dreadful disease, and the people who suffer from cancer. Let it be in our prayers that the researchers in Israel and throughout the world are successful in their endeavors against cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment