Monday, October 31, 2011

THE WEEKEND

Just prior to the Friday night high school football game, it was SeniorDSC_0387 Night for the band. Eileen and I were down on the track to be with our youngest daughter as she and the other senior band members were recognized. We planned on staying for the entire football game but we only stayed to the end of the third quarter. It was just too cold and windy. Remember, for the first time in years I’m operating without any pain killers…well, let’s call them pain-easers. Anyway, we enjoyed seeing our daughter perform with the marching band for one of the few remaining times.

We got up early Saturday morning and headed to our oldest son and his family’s house. They met us in their driveway and Lindsay greeted us with a big smile. We had a great time visiting, making boiled peanuts, and later that night making smores over an outside fire. In-between, we went to the park and watched Lindsay play on the playground equipment. Lindsay was the center of attention as always; she is very social and gives each of us attention too. It’s fascinating to watch Lindsay’s personality and tendencies develop under the parental auspices of our son and daughter-in-law.

I had my share of arm trouble this weekend but it was nice to have a full weekend of activities as a distraction from my arm and as a blessing to our lives. I’ll get back to figuring out what I’m going to do with my arm and the medications this week. Meanwhile, Gleevec is still a hard medication to take because of its effects. Nevertheless, I have no choice with that one. For now though, I’m just going to rejoice in the wonderful weekend we had and look forward to a great week.  Some of this weekend’s pictures with Lindsay can be viewed at http://michaeleileendoss.shutterfly.com/pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment