Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Navigating Cancer

Over the course of writing this blog for the past year-and-a-half, I’ve sometimes wondered if the effort is worth it. I certainly get less feedback on it than when I wrote daily and I’ve gotten several requests to write daily again. I’m still weighing that option. Anyway, I’m always thankful for the faithful readers who continue reading the blog. Otherwise, some people that I think should read the blog don’t, but then I’m always amazed to learn of new readers. Monday evening I learned that this blog was added to Navigating Cancer’s resource page. Here is a link: http://www.navigatingcancer.com/cancer/leukemia-chronic-my You’ll see my blog under “Chronic Myeloid Blogs.” I welcome new readers from this website and pray that your cancer journey goes well.

For the first time since December 5th, our house is back to its normal crew when our son’s family left for their home on Monday. On Tuesday, the following day, we have more relatives coming in. So, Eileen and I spent the day at the store restocking groceries and running a few errands. The wind chill was in the twenties when we went out this morning. It was brutally cold. For new readers to the blog, I have a neurovascular condition in my right arm which makes me very sensitive to coolness, breezes, and temperature changes. Cold weather is especially hard on me. This adds to and complicates my Gleevec symptoms. In fact, I’m writing this post late at night after being unable to sleep because of my ills. As I was saying though, we went shopping and ran errands. Eileen wanted me to stay at home but I didn’t want her to have to do everything herself. She does so much anyway. Besides, with so much company this month, it is nice to find some time to spend just with her. And so, I’m fighting everything a bit tonight. Although I’ll likely start writing a little more often, I hope it’s not so late at night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment