Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Family Time

I don’t mean to belabor my symptoms but especially with more leukemia patients reading the blog, I need to address them a bit more than I usually do. But don’t worry; I don’t dwell on them in my day-to-day living. I seek to live life and enjoy it!!

We were blessed to have our children home for Christmas. I know that won’t always be the case. In fact, they weren’t all home last year on Christmas day. But as the children get older, their own family obligations don’t always make it possible. Either way, our thoughts and prayers are always with the families who aren’t together because they have a family member(s) serving this nation. It’s one thing to be separated at Christmas because of certain circumstances but it is quite another to be separated because one is willingly serving the nation. It’s a sacrifice which keeps giving.

We’ve had a great time with our granddaughter. Prior to her going home on Monday, she was here since December 5th. She’s two months old now and I held her until my arm was about to fall off. Actually, I did have to limit my holding time because my arm pain got to be too much. That was hard to do. I have a high pain tolerance but when it starts making me sick, I have to back down. But she will be back here on Wednesday though, and through the weekend and so I’m recuperating as fast as I can. I’ll be ready!! Indeed, we are enjoying our family time.

No comments:

Post a Comment