Monday, October 18, 2010

Good

C.S. Lewis wrote: “Good, as it ripens, becomes continually more different not only from evil but from other good.” In contrast, our society seems to strongly be moving into mixing good and evil, co-mixing the two. Yet, in fact, good is in opposition to evil and outgrows lesser forms of good. Our quest, should we choose it, is to seek the perfection of good and righteousness in our lives, not to co-mingle good and bad. This so-mingling of good and bad is eating at the very foundations of our faith and our nation’s founding principles. We are witnessing a lot of change in our nation. However, the change is muddling the lines between right and wrong, rather than right becoming “continually more different” from wrong.

I’m still making adjustments in my eating. I’m still not eating pork or beef as they seem to definitely create an intensified adverse acid situation in my stomach. I am getting along better with my stomach and will lay low with the beef and pork as long I can tell a positive difference. I’m also making other dietary changes to help my stomach out. They are still in the experimental stage at this point!! I’m going to make another attempt at getting more exercise too. My leg cramps and stomach pains limited me quite a bit. However, since the stomach pains aren’t as intense, I’m going to give it another try and see what my legs will tolerate these days.
We went to our youngest daughter’s marching band competition Saturday evening. The band did real well and the weather was nice. Last year we froze at the same competition even though we huddled under a quilt in the stands. We have a very busy month ahead of us and I’m trying to gear up for it. I welcome the challenge but dread the battle - - - if that makes sense!!

No comments:

Post a Comment