Monday, September 6, 2010

Sixth Pillar

Since it has been a little while, I’ll use this post to update my health status. I’ve been doing pretty well although I am not nearly as strong as I was a year ago. Finding energy is much more of a battle and the little I find is not so long lasting. I have periods of time when I don’t sleep well at all, but then I’ll have periods of time when I seemingly sleep my life away. I’m staying fairly active but it is a whole lot bigger challenge than it ever has been. My arm is ridiculously troublesome which seems to put all my systems on edge. My stomach pain and leg cramps continue to be major contenders. All in all though, I feel VERY blessed and feel that one foot is still going in front of the other just fine. Some days I’m rather strong while other days, well, not so much.
In another direction…Last year I wrote about the Five Pillars of Spiritual Growth. I have a sixth one to add. Here’s Pillar Six: Say five nice things to your spouse (or someone) each and every day. They can be in the form of affirmations, unprompted thank you’s, or other gestures of appreciation. This Pillar will do a great work in you and in your spouse (or others). I mentioned this pillar to a guy and he thought of an affirmation right away. He said a husband could tell his wife, “You didn’t burn my bacon near as bad this time!” Well, that’s not what I’m talking about, but I think you get it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment