Monday, September 13, 2010

“Not Soft”

The books are published and in my hands. However, there is a glitch. An important picture to a couple of blog posts was omitted from the printing process. The publisher says that it is because I didn’t include an author’s release for the picture. I countered that I informed them in the initial submittal that the picture was a “public domain” picture and, therefore, a release was not included. They continued to contend that a release form for the picture had to have been submitted anyway, as the instructions require. So, we are at a standstill until Friday. On Friday, they relented to say that they would put the picture in the book. Now, my quest for this next week is to get them to reprint the misprints. My chances for success aren’t real high. By the grace of God though, we’ll see.
I felt better on Sunday than I have in quite a while. I’m not sure why and only care why so that I can hopefully reproduce days like this. It’s been a rough several weeks but I’m thankful for the way I feel today (Sunday night).
I heard a sermon Sunday making the case that “God is not soft.” Wow, have we come a long way in redefining who God is and what His commands are when we have to preach that “God is not Soft.” We ought to think about that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment