Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Reaching Out

I got a note from a friend today who wondered if he had been enough of a friend to me during this period of my illness. He expressed his frustration at not knowing just what to do, but assured me of his strong friendship and love. I appreciate his letter, but, isn’t his quandary the same for us all? It’s hard to know what to do for someone when they are ill, especially with someone like me who is fighting hard to maintain his physical independence. Otherwise, unless someone wants to massage my cramping legs at night, walk the floor with me, or hold my hand while I’m vomiting, I’m not sure what more one could do!! Actually, reading my blog, sending me emails, cards, calls, and other forms of staying in touch mean so much to me. That does more for me than almost anything else, and I thank you for it.

2 comments: