Monday, November 15, 2010

Update

I haven’t given a health update for a while so this post will serve to do that. My stomach is significantly better during much of the daytime since I’ve removed beef and pork from my diet. I don’t get weird and freaked out if that’s what is being served somewhere. However, otherwise, I avoid it. Although I really like beef and pork, its removal has made enough of an improvement that it is self-induced punishment to consume it. In fact, there are some days now that my stomach is fairly well behaved, until the evening dose of chemo. I still take all the stomach medicine too since my stomach is much improved, not well. However, I’m very thankful for the improvement.
As for my arm, this has been a summer of perseverance. My arm is much more sensitive than it has been in years. I gave it quite a bit of use this summer, but not as much abuse. Sometimes there's just no rhyme or reason to it. Now we enter the cooler time of the year when I have to make major arm adjustments. I’m not looking forward to the cold weather. I’m getting outside during the nice time of the day and limiting my time outside when it is cooler. However, I do have to get my cold resistance built up in preparation for winter. While the mornings have been a bit cold here, the afternoons have been beautiful.
Our family is doing well; we are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment